Speedriding is a new extreme sport combining skiing and paragliding. The basics are simple- put your skies on, strap yourself to an open wing- shaped canopy and start skiing down the slope. There are no limits on how steep the slope is, or how big the jumps are. If it’s too steep you just go airborn and maneuver yourself down until you touch the snow again. Depending on experience and progress we will also do more advanced flights where often hiking is needed.
- Wing and harness is included
- Bring you own skis (and skins if you have), suitable clothing, helmet, googles and winter boots for ground handling. The hotel also offer rentals and full equipped ski-shop.
- You book the course on a half-day setup (3-4 hours). Depending on previous experience and individual learning curve we want to be able to do the best for each person to go through the lewels of speedriding. To get good basic knowledge and to be able to be self-going, we recommend minimum two full-day course.
- To be able to do more than theory and ground handling you need to safely ski down a black pist and off pist areas.
Price per half-day:
- 950 sek, With ESG Accommodation Package.
- 1150 sek, Without ESG Accommodation Package
Important! No insurance is included and all ground handling and flying is on your own responsibility.
Introduction to Speedflying, terminology, gear familiarization and rigging, and Theoretical lessons.
Ground handling. Learning to launch the wing in different conditions and terrain. Initial runs with Ski’s.
More runs. beginning to incorporate take off and landing techniques. Learning to fly the line.
Additional additional theory lessons about weather and advanced maneuvers. Hike and fly or helicopter for those showing appropriate skill level.