POWERED BY NATURE
Almost. Most of our sports are powered by the wind, the snow and the mountains. Allow us to play with the elements of the earth. But our gear is not compostable but yet long-lasting and yes, we do burn some fossil fuels.
We aim to be a leading event in sustainability and climate responsibility. This has been within the heart of ESG since start, but now we are taking the big step. Together with Tärnaby Fjällhotel we get good help as the base camp to stand on, has already come far in many ways. So we are just in the beginning of ”how to” and here you can follow all our steps to become an event that whats to make a positive footprint instead of a negative. We hope to spread this wibe through all we do and with everyone we meet.
- The hotel: Here you can’t find any single-use cutlery and the food waste is a minimum. They work with localy produced food and products as far as they can.
- For every skydive and paramotor flight we make, we make a donation non-profit to Clean Airforce. The donations goes directly to support the “Trees for the future”. Not only do they plant trees, but they also help educate farmers to implement permaculture farming techniques that regenerate the soil and help families to get out of poverty. We strongly believe that taking action about ecology without taking care of the social aspect is an incomplete approach.
- Delivery of all gear. We ned a lot of wings and harnesses to arrange the event and last year we used a Scania truck with the latest technology in bio gas fuel.
- Minimum waste. What’s invested in ESG is used again next year. We will cut down to a minimum of give-aways and choose those that are functional and well used, an example is neck-warmer from a sponsor. We know it will be used for years and it’s a free choice to grab one.
- Recycling. Whatever waste there will be, we will make sure it is easy for us and our guests to recycle it.